The US Consumer Product Safety Commission is instructing owners of the new Samsung flagship Galaxy S7 Note phone to power it off and step away. The high end smartphone has unfortunately been subject to overheating issues with it's lithium ion battery, so much so that some have actually caught fire.
Lithium-ion batteries pack a lot of power into a small package. When these batteries overheat and burst, the results can be serious. This is why the U.S Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) is urging all consumers who own a Samsung Galaxy Note7 to power them down and stop charging or using the device.
A formalized recall is imminent, but meantime both Samsung and the CPSC are urging Note owners to stop using these devices immediately, due to the possible risks involved under the present circumstances.